Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sugar 'n Cream and Stitch-n-Pitch

(I wanted to title this entry "The Ns" but I thought it would be too vague...)



I know, I know....Sugar'n Cream would not be considered by many to be blog-worthy but I think the new Twist version is cute. The literature (okay, "literature" might be too strong a word) that came with it shows some things made up with it and I think it looks nice - kind of tweedy and natural. I've also decided to remake my market bag out of the regular Sugar'n Cream in some summery colors (they don't make the yarn I originally used anymore). I should have made the base out of the yellow and the body out of the variegated but I'm too lazy to rip it out. Next time. I'm also going to make one with the organic cotton and the hemp, just for variety. I can usually crank a bag out in a few hours - I'm a fast crocheter. BTW, I'll be teaching two separate classes in how to make crochet market bags. Check the website for dates and times.



Onto another topic entirely, Stich-n-Pitch tickets are here! Get them while they're hot. The game is Thursday, July 26th, 2007 - 7:05 p.m. We close early that day so we can get down there and get set up. I can't remember how early they open up so you can shop before the game but I think it's around 5ish. I'm also not sure if you pick up your free gift here or at the game this time. It's a needlecase this year! Even if you don't care for baseball, this is a fun event. There are lots of vendors from all over the area - it's kind of like a reverse LYS tour! There's a lot to do during the game if you get bored; lots of food, lots of giveaways....just lots of stuff.

UPDATE: Here is a little washrag I made from the pattern on the label of the Twist:

3 comments:

knottykitty said...

Oh boy! New S'n'C! And me, with only about 150 balls in my stash already...but no twists!! I really want 2 tickets to the game, but can't come in until the weekend. Do you think you'll have any left by then? Oh, and smooshmorshion to you, too! ;)

Tava said...

Hmmm, I'd love to be there but something tells me I might be busy...

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I only just noticed the blog and read the whole archive.
Keep it up!