Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I've been tagged!

I was just saying to some of our customers who are regular bloggers that I was a little disappointed at how few comments our blog gets. They assured me that it was probably because it was so "shop" oriented, which makes sense to me. (With their help, I have stopped having junior high picked-last-for-whatever flash backs and am dealing with my need for attention.) Anywho, just when I thought that nobody loved me, Terri and Kimber left me a comment AND tagged me for the meme thingy! I'm such a blabber mouth that it might be hard to come up with 7 things that people don't already know about me but I'll give it a try.

1. I was born Cesarean but raised Episcopalian. Okay, that's a silly joke but I was raised Episcopalian and am now a Unitarian Universalist (like Walt Whitman and Thomas Jefferson - ya know, the cool people).

2. I have an MA in Audiology from the University of Florida. It comes in handy when....um....whenever.....ah......hmmmmm......when you are trying to impress people with your educational background?

3. I love to sing. I sing in a great UUC choir and hope to move up to Seattle Pro Musica some day.

4. I almost hit Perry Como with my car at the West Palm Beach Airport in 1979. He was very nice about the whole thing.

5. I am a movie nut. I'm really hoping that my kid will go to film school so I can live vicariously through her. (Maybe she'll put me in her movies like Scorsese did with his mom....)

6. I went to school in Austria for a semester in college. It was the best thing I could have done for myself at the time. I think every kid should get a chance to study abroad.

7. I love to play games - board games, word games, puzzles, even video games. Scrabble is big in our household. We get together with two other families for Thanksgiving and I always make up some sort of word or puzzle game for us to play. I love to do the NY Times Sunday crossword puzzle and I often enter the NPR Sunday puzzle contest. (Will Shortz - what a hottie!) And when I really need to take a break from the world, I do a really hard jigsaw puzzle.

Thanks to Kimber for the tag. I don't know a lot of bloggers yet but I'll tag Tava, Jessie, and KnottyKitty Knits.

If you made it to the end of this post and didn't drop over dead from boredom, let me know and I'll treat you to a cup of tea next time you're in the shop.

deb

5 comments:

Naomi said...

Grettings from Boniare! Deb - I've been reading but not always commenting! I miss you guys, honestly. See what happens when I leave the country for a couple of weeks? I get VY&T withdrawals!

Interesting things that I don't know about you!

Whew! I didn't get tagged!

Kim said...

OMG, Woman! Do you REALIZE the impact on music history there would have been had you taken Perry Como OUT????!!!

Those were very intersting things about you. I knew about the game thing, but everything else was fun to learn!!

Tava said...

Thanks for the tag! I didn't die either- obviously- because I am writing this. You are not boring! Tell us more!

Terri said...

I am doing my best to get in there tomorrow for some much needed fiber therapy.
Terri

Anonymous said...

Perry Como! - fond memories of my Grandmother thinking he was the hottest thing...Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day. She would have been crushed. Thanks for sparing him.