Wednesday, August 1, 2007

New Stuff!


I went to the NW Needlemarket show (put on by Skacel) this past weekend and picked up some new sock yarn (see photo), ordered some Tofutsies and Amazing (corn yarn) from SWTC, ordered some yummy Karabella yarns, brought back some great bags from DellaQ and Ashland Sky, AND the Fall orders are starting to arrive!! We just got two big boxes from Nashua and the Noro just keeps on comin'. I spoke to Skacel yesterday and our Trekking XXL order is being shipped today. The new Trekking ProNatura Bamboo and Fortissima Socak Mit Bambou are luscious - I brought back two mixed bags from the show. I also picked up a bag of Sockina Cotton and it is incredibly soft - softer than any of the other cotton sock yarns, I think.

Speaking of sock yarn, we still have some of the beautiful green and blue colorway that was dyed for us by Pagewood Farm for Stitch 'n Pitch. It comes in both superwash wool/nylon and wool/tencel blends.

We'll be putting a lot of yarn on sale in the next few weeks to make room for all the new stuff so be sure to keep an eye on the blog or the Website for details. Better yet, just come in!

2 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

They say you haven't made it 'til you've been spammed... congrats! I guess you'll have to impose the verification step now like everyone else. :(

Anonymous said...

Reading this post was hard - I'm in the midst of figuring how to put 9 months of needed things in one bag and really facing up to the lack of yarn space...I think I'm okay taking the SeaWool and making a shawl, but honestly, that might just take the one flight to NZ to finish - what then!

Maybe before I leave NZ for AU where I won't be hiking I'll buy a duffle bag and just fill it to the brim with wool to work with on the many planes and trains that are required to transport one around such a big country. Oy. Being a knitter is hard somedays.