Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Meet Joni!

Hey everyone - we have a new kid on the block - it's Joni Olmstead! Joni will be doing some of our teaching and working in the shop a few days each week. I thought I'd sit and knit with Joni and get the scoop.

E: Joni, how long have you been knitting?
J: Since I was about 12, oh.... you guess.

E: What other fiber pursuits interest you?
J: All of them - next on the list would be spinning, crochet, beading, weaving and dabbling in whatever comes along my way. I always like to try something new, that's for sure!

E: What's your favorite fiber?
J: Merino.

E: Favorite color(s)?
J: The brights - the hot pink, the orange, the yellows.

E: Favorite thing to knit?
J: Lace and socks - I always have a pair of socks going. I'm afraid to count my sock stash!

E: What have you liked about Village Yarn and Tea so far?
J: Ohh.... everything. The calm atmosphere, this is how it would be if I owned my own yarn store. Comfortable to hang out, the yarn and the tea, and the people are great.

E: How many tattoos do you have?
J: Five. If you're really nice to me, I'll let you see my sheep :)

Come in, and get to know Joni - she's a lot of fun!

No comments: