Monday, April 20, 2009

Color me......


....solid.

Many of you that have known me for a while know that I am a color junky. I love Noro because of all the colors and textures. Solids don't usually do it for me unless they are tweedy or heathered. Even the most intricate lace or cable pattern looks better to me with a little tone-on-tone action. It's just the way I'm wired!

But, I have two solid favorites that I'd like to share with you today. First is Jamieson's Sheltland Spindrift - so many colors, so little time. I have been using this a LOT for my multi-color work. I know that it is cheating just a little since I am not really using it for a "solid" project but they do have many heathers that I would consider using on their own. (Victoria made a beautiful shawl with the Cloud color.) If I could line the walls of my bedroom with all the colors they offer, I'd wake up every morning a happy camper.

My second solid choice is the Manos Silk Blend. Of course they have beautiful multi-color options but their solids are deep and rich and look great on their own or together. I'm currently using two of my favorites together in a cute Fair Isle project from the Manos Primera book. It is SO soft and lucious. And did you know it felts beautifully??

These are by no means the only solid yarns I like but they are my favorites d'jour. (I have quite an ongoing thing for Berroco Ultra Alpaca, too.)

Whatever your taste, I'm sure we'll have something that will float your boat as well. :-)
Deb

No comments: