Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Done in by Plucky

It was a cold and rainy morning. I was running a little late and had my hands full of bags when I tried to push open the office door to lay down my burdens. There was resistance and I had to push a little harder to get into the room, only to find what was blocking my entry was a body! Not just any body, but the body of my business partner Victoria, flat out on the floor, covered in..... covered in....... Plucky Knitter's Merino Cash Nylon DK.  I wasn't sure if she had OD'd or just fainted from the overwhelming beauty of the colors but I had to get her up before she slipped into a fiber coma - the most dangerous of all craft related injuries. As I knelt down to assess her condition, I almost fell prey to the intoxicating deliciousness of the skeins but was able to pull back just in time. Fortunately for me, only two of the skeins managed to make their way into my bag before I was able to shake off the dizziness and get back to the work at hand. 

If you care about me or any other VYT employee, you will come down here and take some of these skeins home so we can avoid this from ever happening again. Only YOU can prevent fiberoverdoses!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh no! Is Victoria ok? I feel so, I don't know, responsible.

You girls crack me up!

Knittinggarden said...

I saw, touched, and smelled that yarn and barely got out with my life. It is wonderful. I'm glad Victoria is back on her feet.

Naomi said...

So funny! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Plucky is to die for!

What fond memories I have of you VY&T girls....


Tracy
(Plucky's yarn pimp)