Tuesday, October 2, 2007

We've been buried!

Hi there - Ellen here! I had every intention of being able to do a regular post while Deb and Victoria were gone, but alas and alack the UPS guy (Santa, or Steve) had other ideas in mind. In the last week and a half, we've received at least 35 boxes of new fall yarns!

Most of the new Debbie Bliss is in - lovely new shades of Cashmerino Aran, and Astrakhan and we now also have the new Rialto aran. Also in stock are the Cashmerino DK and Baby Cashmerino.

There are new Noro Silk Garden DK and Bulky yarns, and so, so much more.

And then there is the sock yarn. We know how much you all love to knit socks. We love to knit socks too. We have almost a full wall of sock yarn now. The Lana Grossa Meilenweit is in both in cotton blends and wool blends. Fleece Artist should be here by Friday.

There is new stock in Zephyr wool/silk laceweight. We've got a curry color (have you seen the Bee Fields Stole on the knitspot blog? Oh my......) vanilla, white, agean blue; with black and sage green coming in as soon as they can.

So, so many fun yarns and great pattern support right now. I guess I didn't mention books. We still have more coming, but our shelves are also brimming with all of the new fall titles. Just too many to list, but come on in and we will help you find them.

Don't forget that this Friday is Knit Night. We have Kathryn, aka Fleece Artist, and her daughter Jana, aka Hand Maiden coming in to do a trunk show, yarn testing and I've heard rumors there are some drawings of some sort. We'll have a wine and cheese tasting and just alot of fun for the evening. Mark your calendar for 6-9 this Friday, October 5th.

Be sure and take a peek online at our new fall class schedule too! Hope to see you Friday!

3 comments:

Terri said...

AAHHH! Can not believe I will miss the Fleece Artist trunk show. I will be in on Friday to say "Howdy".

Seriously, I would love to fondle and help stock the new yarns. I am close by, give me a call.
Terri

smallsmallfaery said...

No pictures in this post! I'm going to have to come down myself. Especially now that you've said the magic words "trunk show."

Anonymous said...

Well and here I was debating whether I could come to Knit Nite and you mention those magic words..."wine and cheese". Count me in!