Monday, July 23, 2007

Spin Doctor


Yep, this is me.....spinning on a wheel! (A Louët Victoria, to be exact.) I finally bit the bullet and sat myself down to learn. There were several spinners (pushers) in the shop on Saturday, all eager to help me with this new addiction. Kathy (hope it's with a K, not a C!), one of Elaine's previous pupils, took on the challenge. There was some cussin' and a spittin' at first but I eventually got the hang of it. Yahoo! Now I can finally ply all of that yarn I made with my drop spindle!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your finished yarn!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Dark Side :)

It's way more fun over here!

Sharon Rose said...

I'm so proud! I knew you'd graduate sooner or later. *grin*

Naomi said...

Wooo Hoooo! Good for you! I love my "Little Vicki" as I call her!

I saw some dragonfibers that TMK purchased recently - yummy! Now you can be more efficient at your spinning! Gotta get you spinning on a wheel!

Will we be seeing you on monthly Spinning Thursdays???

Anonymous said...

Look at you go! I can't believe I missed it.

Anonymous said...

Bev: Glad the spinning is "taking!" It was fun showing you the ropes (really bad pun). By the time I left you had really relaxed and you weren't hunching over the wheel any more.

Kathie (aka TMK)

Anonymous said...

I just loved that it was a rainbow you were creating - that's my brightly coloured clothing friend! Love you! But not going anywhere near roving for the time being...I'll enjoy you doing it from afar!