Thursday, May 31, 2007

Salsa, not Salsa


This Friday night at Knit Nite we will be featuring delicious salsas from Mama's Own Savory Salsa, made by a local mother/daughter team. I met Dawn and Diana when they were doing a tasting at the Thriftway up the street last month. I liked the salsa so much I bought some and asked them if they would do a tasting at the shop! I'm so glad they said yes because their stuff is HOT - both in the wow-this-is-great way and in the yummy-spicy way (although I'm a bit of a wimp and bought the mild). They will bring some jars to sell and we'll have lots of chips to dip. Be sure to check out their beautiful Website: www.mamasownsalsa.com

And don't forget about the Hopelink food drive this weekend. Bring in a needed item and we'll put you into the pot for a drawing. (see previous blog entry)

On another Salsa note, I went to a going away party for one of our favorite customers/friends, Jessica, last night at a new club in Wallingford called Babalu! It's on the corner of Wallingford and 45th and it just opened up. The music was great and the dancers were fun to watch. I'm definitely goin' back with my dancin' shoes on! Anyone care to join me??

Deb

P.S. Seinfeld fans will understand the title of this post. :-)

No comments: