Sunday, January 17, 2010

Deb's Memorial Service

A memorial service for Deb Barnes has been scheduled:

Saturday, January 30 at 2pm
University Unitarian Church
6556 35th Ave NE • Seattle, WA 98115

Please note: Village Yarn and Tea Shop will close at 1:00pm that day so all of our staff can attend the service.

On Sunday, January 17, Deb passed away peacefully after a long and valiantly-fought battle with ovarian cancer. We as fellow employees can hardly put into words what Deb meant to us personally - she was friend and sister and so much more. She showed us courage, humor and talent. Deb gave to us when she didn't feel like it and loved us well. Each time we enter the shop, we're reminded of her and we hope you are too.


We'll have more to say about ways we can all honor our friend in the coming days. For now, we say "rest well" to our Deb and send our thoughts and prayers to her daughter Zoe, brother Gary and her many friends and family members who are grieving with us.

9 comments:

Jessica Powers said...

Knitting and sharing the love and joy of knowing Deb with you all from far away in spirit.

Sandee Sifferman said...

Raising a cup of Deb's Green Pear in her honor. Here's to you Deb, You are an inspiration and you will be missed. Rest well.

Melissa C Williams said...

What a dear, brave lady, our Deb. Though I no longer am in the vicinity to be with you on Thursday, you are all in my heart and prayers. My love and hugs to each of you, especially Victoria.
Yes, I too shall raise a cup of Deb's Green Pear Tea, to bless her spirit.

Trista said...

Love and Blessings to all those grieving. Deb had a beautiful smile and presence at Village and we will all miss her.

TMK said...

I always liked going in to get tea and talk to Deb when she was in the store. She made a point of letting me know I was always welcome even though I'm not a knitter. She was an awesome woman and I'll miss her. My thoughts go to her daughter and family.

Debbie Abrahams said...

I will miss Deb's warmth and enthusiasm, for she always made me feel so welcome when I visited the shop. I will miss her greatly. Rest in peace Deb.

Heidi said...

My heart is heavy and I'm so sad to read this news. My thoughts are with you all and with her family.

Leslie Allen said...

I first got to know Deb when she and I took a crocheted roving purse class at Madrona Fiber Arts several years ago. She was so friendly and inviting, I loved seeing her each time that I visited the shop. Her warmth and caring touched alot of us. I too am so very sad that she is no longer with us.

Anonymous said...

Deb will be missed and my thoughts are with her daughter, as well as with her extended family at Village Yarn and Tea.